• Welcome
• What's New
• Family
• Friends
• Dogs
• Hobbies
• Travel
• FAQs
• Home Life
• China
• Texas
• Adoption
• Credits
• Contact Me






Ask me where I'm from, and I'll tell you in three words: "I'm from China."

I was born in Chuzhou, China, on 1st November 1997. For reasons that will never be known, my birth parents were not able to keep me. I then went to live at the orphanage in Chuzhou in April 1998.

In July 1998, my adoptive parents, Nick and Becky, were notified that I was to be their daughter. Mommy and Daddy were in the middle of the Race Across America (RAAM), a transcontinental bicycle race that they directed. Waiting for them at the finish line in Savannah GA was a photo of me.

Mommy and Daddy then went into full gear to get everything ready for my arrival. Mommy literally tore the house upside down to prepare my room and make the place "child proof." (Ha ha ha....I've shown them!!)

During this time, I was in good hands at the orphanage, where the nannies gave me plenty of attention, fed me, bathed me, and let me play with the other little babies.

On 22nd September 1998, Mommy left Texas, headed for China. Grandma Rudy met her in Los Angeles, and they travelled together to Hefei, China, to get me. Two days later, the nannies took eight other girls and me 100 miles to Hefei, where we all met our new Mommies and Daddies.

The other eight girls and I were all being adopted by families working through CCAI (Chinese Children Adoption International). According to Mommy and Daddy, CCAI is a great agency to work with, and helped make my adoption run as smoothly as possible.

After about a week together in Hefei, our entire group flew to Guangzhou, where our parents had to meet with officials at the US Consulate to get our travel visas. Finally, on 6th October, we left Guangzhou, flew to Hong Kong, and then flew to Los Angeles. Our group then split up for good, with Mommies and Daddies and daughters heading in many different directions. Mommy and Grandma Rudy spent the night in LA at a nice hotel, where Mommy's half-sister Kim came by for a visit.

The next day, we made the final legs of our trip home. We flew to Dallas, and then finally to Amarillo, where Dad and some of our friends were waiting for me. There, amidst the flash of cameras, I met my Daddy for the first time. I'm not sure if I cried out, "Da Da," then, but I sure have a lot since!

Ever since then, life has been very exciting! I've become best buddies with three of Mommy and Daddy's dogs. Mom and Dad have included me in virtually every activity they did before I arrived. We got out to eat a lot (I love to eat in restaurants!), go to movies, and contribute to the economy in that all-American way: we go to Wal-Mart.

Most important of all, though, is that I'm home. My Mommy and Daddy love me more than anything, and I love them right back.




© All rights reserved.